Job Title: Java Developer
Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
- Seeking Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. Candidate will be responsible for Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Design and develop high-volume, low latency applications ensuring high application availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of application development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, efficient code compliant with existing framework and standards.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems and help quick resolution following procedures and laid guidelines.
- Support continuous improvements by investigating alternatives and technologies.
- 3- 5 years application development experience
- Excellent Java/J2EE development skills
- Experience with web model view controller (MVC) frameworks - preferably Struts
- Strong working experience with relational database (MS-SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) concepts, proficient writing stored procedures
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP/REST), XML, JSON
- Knowledge and familiarity with Java build systems, i.e. ANT
- Experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (i.e. SVN, Clear Case, etc.)
- Experience working with Application server (i.e. WebSphere, Weblogic)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience writing S-508 compliant code
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins ) and DevOps